Costa Rica,  Journey to Health

Today’s the Day!

Good morning! ☀️

I thought I would share my experience last night, just so the information can be more clear. I have my scheduled colonoscopy and GI scope at 10:45. I have 45 minutes of driving to get to my appointment. So I have 40 more minutes to get the rest of this gunk out of me.

That’s right. I haven’t stopped using the restroom. Yes, that is a bit concerning, especially since I must drive in heavy traffic and no bathrooms for 45 minutes. I wish I had an adult diaper, but I’ll see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, I’m working on relaxing and letting go in every way that I can because last night is over!!!

I started the prep by taking an Anara pill at 3:45 p.m. We had been driving home, so I couldn’t risk taking it at 3:00, while still on the road. So I started my process 45 minutes late, but my appointment is for 10:45 a.m. Most start at 8:30 a.m., so I thought I would be fine.

I mixed the MagiLax in 1 liter white cranberry juice and 1 liter water. My instructions only states to use clear, natural juices, so I hoped this worked okay. It did recommend apple or lemonade, but I am forbidden to have acid. So I chose this drink on purpose.

The drink itself tasted just fine, but I am used to drinking broth and homemade turmeric tea, so maybe my gag reflex is in my favor? I do recommend you make it with cold liquids, that did help!

I chose to drink it every 30 minutes. I did this pretty well, until the last dose. My stomach was not doing well. So the last dose was 1 hour after my 2nd to last dose.

I was exhausted by the time I finished drinking the laxative powder, because once things started, they didn’t stop. Running to the bathroom became an almost every 15 minute ordeal. I had to repeatedly use the bathroom until around 11:30, when things settled down to once an hour.

At 1:30 or 2:00 a.m., my mouth was dry, so I got a drink. It started things up again. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thankfully after 30 minutes, I was able to go to sleep and rested smoothly with only a few interruptions. By the morning though, I was exhausted. I chose to sleep in until 9 a.m. I didn’t need to leave for my appointment until 10:00 a.m.

And that’s where I am at now. Getting ready to go to my appointment. I think I have rigged a pretty good “adult diaper”, just in case. Now off to see the wizard!

Happy Trails to you!

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *