Have you ever seen the movie White Christmas? It is one of my husband’s very favorite movies, and that says a lot because he is a man of very few favorites! Seriously! Just ask my kids.
One of my favorite songs from this movie is “Count Your Blessings.” I love Bing Crosby’s lullaby voice throughout this dreamy song. I also love the message this song teaches. Especially for right now.
I hadn’t realized I didn’t blog twice this last week. When life becomes more than I feel I can bare, I tend to pull away from socializing and go quiet. I pull away so I can ponder and search what more I could be doing to assist, or to at least stay on the course that we find ourselves traveling upon.
This morning I prayed to have a spiritual experience today. I especially prayed that I would feel the Holy Ghost with me. This prayer was answered and I would like to share what I was taught.
As I participated in our family’s morning Sunday worship meeting, I began to see specific blessings my family has been receiving, and I realized that they came after the quarantining started.
Blessings such as:
- Delicious Sunday lunches together on the porch at mid-day. Each exquisite and delicious to the taste: Chicken Piccata, grilled steak and baked potato, and Balsamic Vinegar Beef Roast.
- My husband, and the father of my children, home with me each Sunday, enjoying our Sabbath meetings together as a family unit. I haven’t sat with him during worship services in over 8 years. I also adore that he is able to enjoy services with our children, available to hear them share their testimonies, and answer their questions when asked.
- My husband is unemployed and able to spend his days packaging each and every item we own, preparing them to travel the ocean to our new home.
- Although unemployed, we are being blessed by our obtained knowledge of living within our means. We know how to budget, save, and live on what we already have. I am being blessed to know how to make what we have work. It is a great joy to experience.
- We are able to share our time with one another in a way that is undisturbed and without scheduled interruptions. This quality time is enjoyable, rather than a burden. Days may seem to run into one another, but memories are being created that can become “June roses in the Decembers of our lives.”
- Because of driving restrictions and daily quarantine, we all make an effort to get out of the house and do something fun once a week. I have been praying for years for help with our family activities. Now I feel we are having a taste of what it can be like. I hope that we can keep up this runaway tradition in the future.
- Lastly, we are not the only ones going through truly difficult times right now. Friends and family sharing their truths with me, helps me see how God is blessing their families. Therefore I am able to search for how God is blessing my family, and I can see that He is!
This list of blessings was a great joy to reflect on today. I hope when I feel I can not blog in the future, I will instead count my blessings and seek to see the hand of God in my life in that moment of trial. I don’t think it will be easy to do at first, but with some practice, it can become a great strength to have.