Paul was freezing 🥶 last night. It got so cold for him that he turned on the propane heater and grabbed a wool blanket. This was at 3 am this morning.
I’m even more exhausted today, because we woke up at 6:18 am to quickly drive over to Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area to catch the tide pools during low tide. I need to learn to take naps while driving!!!
Here are some highlights from our day today:
- Letting the kids sleep all morning while we drove, so just Paul and I could have some alone time together. 😴
- Taking in the resplendent beauty of an Oregon morning, complete with foggy dew. 🌾 🌫
- Exploring tide pools and finding so many colors of star fish, and other sea life. Also watching Joy Boy climb up and then “ski” down a huge sand dune!!! 🎿
- Enjoying older people waving at us as we drive by them. 🙋🏼♀️
- Reading witty phrases written on signs and placed in yards along the scenic route. 🖍
- VW caravan of 6 passing us. 🚙
- Surfers in the middle of a forest?!? 🏄
- Tunnels! 🔦
- Tsunami warning signs!! ⚠️
- God Bless America signs and flags 🇺🇸
- Miles and miles of coastline. 🌊
- Pulling over at a pull-out and making brunch for the family. 🍳
- Letting the kids watch a movie on a Saturday morning. 🎥
- Having an indoor picnic lunch in the RV at the Astoria Marina, after taking a walk to a Maritime Memorial. ⛵️
- Wishing our missionary a very Happy 20th Birthday! 🎁
- Visiting Fort Steven’s 👨🏻
- Getting said missionary one of his birthday gifts. 🧸
- GingerSnap making a dandelion crown. 👸🏻
- Someone in our family taking a quick break from driving so he could take a quick shower before our dinner plans for the night.
- Our family thoroughly enjoying our time with one of Paul’s cousins and her adorable family!!! 💕
Now we are camping overnight in a “cement” RV park. Not what we would have liked but we are thankful non-the-less. Here’s to a good nights sleep.