So, last night was a BLAST!! Thanks truly goes to my father-in-law for suggesting at least 3 or 4 times last week that we should really stop and see a cousin who lives in Portland. I honestly didn’t think we would have the time, nor would we be anywhere near her, but we did have the time (plenty of it), and she was on the way. So last night’s success goes to Grandpa!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
This morning was delicious. . . waking up from a long night’s sleep, that is! And we ALL needed it! The location wasn’t my favorite, hence no picture because I didn’t feel inspired to even take one. We did stay at an RV camp but it was next to an outlet mall and it seemed to be filled with long term RV-ers. So no sad feelings when we left this morning. Last night’s stay actually made me appreciate the free Walmart parking lots a bit more than I have been.
Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for an occasional RV camp. They allow us unlimited access to water, electricity, dumping privileges, and excess Internet. I can wash as much laundry as I want, the girls can really wash their hair, and there is a feeling of normalcy that boondocking can’t provide.
But boondocking is fun! There is a sense of being in the wild open world and being given the opportunity to use your survival instincts by making the most with what you have.
But I LOVE camping!!! So I get it if boondocking sounds over the top. I guess I only share this because in reality, boondocking is what we can afford right now . . . FREE! So if I feel happy doing this, then that will make wherever we sleep each night a blessing, rather than misery.
Here are the highlights of our day today:
- Sleeping in until 9:30 a.m.!!!!!! 😴
- EVERYONE got a hot shower! 🚿
- Sheets got washed. 😅
- 2nd Homechurch in the RV – quick but perfect. 💕
- Hazelnut trees 🌳
- Volcanoes all around us (reminds me of Costa Rica). 🌄
- Lush green colors all around us! 🍃
- Happy memories of last night’s dinner with Paul’s cousin. 🍔
- Tall pine trees everywhere!!! 🌲
- The Portland Oregon Temple was exquisite! But no windows. I’d like to see inside it one day. ☀️
- Talking with a lovely couple outside the locked temple grounds. It was inspiring to feel the gentleman’s love and yearning to be able to work in the temple again. I hope he can before he leaves this earth. 🤞🏻
- LOVING our new little friend, Happy the fan. It works hard each day to keep air circulating in the RV, as well as keeping us cool on HOT drives.
- Yucky traffic to Seattle. First time we have experienced real congested traffic since coming to the USA. 🤪
- Everyone taking a much needed nap while stuck in the yucky traffic. 💤
- Wanting to visit the Seattle Temple today but being denied the opportunity, due to riots going on downtown. 🥺
- Being an hour late to dinner with our friends, whom we met in Costa Rica but moved to Seattle last year, due to the awful traffic. Frustrated to be late but grateful to have even had the opportunity. They even said this . . . “No coincidences!” 👨👩👧👧
Today was a great Sabbath Day! I wish I could have prepared a bit better for it, but I’m happy to take what we got. Dinner with our friends was AMAZING! We all had a lovely time and left with enough time to set up our RV and get to bed before 10:30 pm. Woot, woot!!! Good Night and . . .