Last week was tough! It was heavy tough! It was filled with heavy moments that gave me great pause yesterday. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around the thought of “what now?” For I don’t have an answer.
Last week pushed our family to our limit. .
- The weather was hot and humid, then rainy and humid, then cold and humid, then perfect. Then it starts all over again . . . all while trying to battle living with it, in an RV. 🤦🏻♀️
- Paul worked his heart out networking, interviewing, and networking some more, for more than two weeks . . . only to have the company choose to pick someone already in-house. Ugh. What a blow! To work so hard and then have to let it all go. Oh how my heart aches for Paul’s heart and mind. He is so incredibly brave to keep on going!
- Paul and I took a parenting class that hit me a bit below the belt. Really, it was my pride that got hit hardest, but my heart did too when I realized that all my best efforts could easily be ignored if I don’t learn to better handle my emotions. It’s so hard to have one’s weaknesses addressed again and again . . . but I am learning that this is a necessary part of life on earth, as well as a great blessing. 💕
- Our fridge is freezing our produce and I’m struggling to think of new meals to make. With no oven, or crock pot, or instant pot, or food supply (more than what one would take camping) I’m struggling to come up with new meals to make that will keep costs low, but spirits and healthy living up!
- And a few social issues are still wreaking havoc with my kiddos. I haven’t found a way to calm their fears or silence the stress this past issue has caused. 💔
When the emotions started to threaten my happiness, I took a deep breath and forced myself to leave the RV and get out into nature. Once there, I began to feel grounded (something the RV can’t seem to mimic) and supported. I was able to start seeing the good I do have right now. . .
• Fall is in the air!!!! Real FALL! I have loved the changing of leaves my entire life! I was reminded today by Tiffany that I am sooo blessed to be able to watch the leaves change color back East. How cool is that!?!
• I’m also blessed to be able to celebrate Paul’s birthday this week! He turns the magical 46 and we are excited (and able) to celebrate his birthday with him. 🥳
• General Conference is this weekend, and I’m really looking forward to it. Since we starting reading “Insights,” I have been wondering what a Prophet of God will be asking us to do now? I hope we will each prepare to hear him and then do what he asks.
• Our General Conference schedule will be quite different from what we have ever experienced before, but I trust we will manage and still enjoy ourselves just as much as ever.
• I also look forward to starting my newest monthly class at the Mother’s University. This course is filling my heart with balanced hope and endurance to be the kind of mother I feel God knows I want to be. September’s class was about A Mother’s Influence. October’s will be about a Nature Study . . . which is one of the characteristics I have been praying to have in my life, a love of being in nature. By the way, these classes are free to the public. You are welcome to take them with me.
• Lastly, I look forward to spending time with my family this week. Each day is so precious. Each moment so unlike the one before. Yes, we each desire for our family to move out of the RV and into a temperature controlled home of our own. . . but what matters most is that we are together – living, laughing, growing closer to one another. And that is what IS happening! What a tender mercy that is, despite the hardships and disappointments. We are truly blessed to have each other.
“Blessed are the poor in spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”3 Nephi 12:3